Stagnancy, Complacency?
9:51 AM |

As the title suggests, haha. I am going to talk a bit about stagnancy and complacency. Last year was a year that was the worst year for me in my whole walk with God. I rose up to be a CL, with huge amount of uncertainty and fear. My leaders changed, everything became a foreign ground to me. I took about 3 months to stabilize myself. It was also a time for me to find out where God can lead me.

I want to start it off by talking about the situation of my group. Last year, my group began with 3 people. Khok Yen, Chris and myself. Wow, i must say at that time, i was traumatized by the fear of leading very difficult people. Khok Yen was a guy who came on and off, inconsitent in caregroup and rather consistent for service. Chris was a sheep who always bite me, never gave me a peace of mind, topping it up with quarrels and disagreements. I begged God to take me out of that situation, i remembered saying this, "it's all too hard for me to handle"

After the mission conference in May last year, my heart for God started to pump a little bit faster. God brought me to think of His kingdom. Matthew 6:33 came to me and hit me right at the heart. It says:

33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

God also reminded me of Galatians 6:9. I want to thank God at this point of the entry for Shareeen who at that moment of time endured the same kind of hardship as i did. We met up frequently for discussions of our caregroup. We need to combine caregroup because both of our caregroup have only a regular attendance of 3. Just nice to form one proper caregroup of 6.

One particular afternoon, i started praying to God. God said He would bless me with someone of the school i was pioneering, which was the school of business at that time. So interesting, i started to have much unbelief about what the Holy Spirit could tell me. Indeed, God is faithful! I got to know Jia Ming from the School of Business! He is a friend of one of the brothers in TP. He came to know God, and then it came some new people.

De Ming wasn't that well retained until recently Chris made an effort to go all way out to connect him. Thomas had very well backslided from God AGAIN! Well, interestingly God just don't want to make him a shepherd because the moment i want to rise him up to be a shepherd. The number of new believer = 0. Stagnancy and complacency were in the group, thats why my group didn't grow and in fact many left God. Thats why, no taking break. It's a joy to serve God, thats why we keep serving. Once take a break, temptation(not trials)comes in. Look at David, just because he took a break from his war, he sinned against God. (Bathsheba example).

The high school transfers added much joy and atmosphere to the group. Thank God for Aaron & Stanley. They are people with a heart to serve God. They lighten a lot of my burden especially in taking ownership of taking care of their respective new believers. This gives me more space to do evangelism. I want to encourage my group who is reading the blog now. I believe we can do it as a team! Right now, even though i seem like a solo hunter for lost souls, i believe that the time will be ripe that you all will find lost souls too! See ya. Long post man!